Tablet Internal Bluetooth

When I had the tablet PC apart I noticed that the camera had just 4 wires coming out of it, so it was probably USB. A bit of investigation showed the three USB connections (camera, internal wi-fi and the USB socket) all going back to one chip on the board, clearly a USB hub of some sort.

Anyway, the camera was a bit pants and I thought it would be much cooler to have internal Bluetooth, especially now I am playing about with the Google App Inventor's Bluetooth functions.

I disassembled a USB Bluetooth adaptor and made a test connection to try it out in place of the camera. First time out it didn't work, but reversing the D+ and D- USB connections did the trick and it worked. For some odd reason the camera module had these connections reversed although every other USB module I've seen including the wi-fi one in the tablet seems to follow the standard USB wiring conventions.

All I need to do now is tidy the wiring up by removing the USB plug from the Bluetooth module and soldering the wires directly to the board and then spot glue it into the case where the camera was.

In the photo above, the wi-fi is the module smack in the middle and my Bluetooth adaption is the one on the left sitting upright on top of the battery compartment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Update on the touch monitor

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair