Clever

I thought this was pretty clever when I spotted it a while back passing a farm on the coast. They've put a row of solar water panels on an outbuilding roof. Nice south-facing roof too and low enough to make installation and maintenance a breeze. The only wonder is how the water is being piped from the outbuilding to the main house (if it even is). There's a fair loss in heat over even short distances which is why it is always recommended that solar panels are placed as close to the hot water tank as possible.

Still a great installation.

Comments

  1. Hi Glenn,

    I was just reading your blog, it's pretty interesting, especially your stuff on generating and conserving energy. A lot of the electronics type stuff is good too but goes over my head a bit :-) I thought you might be interested in a forum that I belong to for the Solar co-op, check it out at http://www.solarco-op.proboards.com/index.cgi

    Good luck
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Update on the touch monitor