Back to the Future



A year ago I started playing around with Google App Inventor and built a few test applications for my old £20 Android tablet. App Inventor has been taken over by MIT, who built the Apollo Guidance Computer that took men to the Moon, so they have a fair idea what they are doing and it has been re-launched in a new beta form. Now I have the Scroll Essential tablet, I decided to go back to this and it looks quite good, but the problem is that the Scroll has no drivers for either Bluetooth or Serial-USB so it can't communicate with anything. I've been investigating how to load modules (drivers) into the Android kernel, but it is no trivial task and might not be possible; a real shame as this would be the ultimate sub-£100 car computer.



App Inventor (MIT) running under Windows XP





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Update on the touch monitor