Old Skool

I got this meter on eBay for a fiver. I just took a notion for an old school classic meter because it reminded me of my grandfather who was a radio amateur from the 1920s and built his own radio kit.  In his house in Cushendun there was this amazing shortwave transmitter he'd built.  It was in a hammered finish metal case about 5 feet high and had proper dials and meters on it, like something from a 50s science fiction film. I've always loved that retro stuff.

Anyway my meter reads 0-5mA and with a 1kOhm resistor in series it reads the 5 volt PWM output from the Arduino perfectly.  I have a notion to use it as a thermometer readout although it would look equally great in a car.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Update on the touch monitor