Gazebo Repair

We have had one of those pop-up gazebos for a few years, very handy for barbecues and picnics and so on. Unfortunately, it got caught in the wind last week (my fault, it wasn't fixed down securely) and as my wife and son tried to get it popped down one of the struts snapped. There was a bit of damage to a couple of the plastic corner pieces as well.


Not too difficult a repair although I couldn't find any scrap tube with the same oval profile so I used a round piece and crushed it at the 2 ends and middle. The damaged corner pieces are okay for now, a couple of cracks, but I replaced the self-tapping screws with nuts, bolts and washers.


The repair worked out so we should get a bit more use out of the gazebo. We just need a few more good sunny days for more barbecues!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair